- 4 c. water
- 2 tbsp Heritage Fare Greens Seasoning
- 2 cans (12 oz.) green beans
- 2 smoked turkey tails (or ham hocks & neck bones)
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1. Place smoked turkey tails in 3 c. water. Boil until tender (about 10 minutes).
- 2. After turkey tails become tender, slice potatoes into chunks and add to water.
- 3. Cut onions into chunks and add to water mixture.
- 4. Sprinkle 1 heaping tbsp Heritage Fare Greens Seasoning into the mixture and boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5. Add green beans (rinsed) to boiling pot along with another 1 c. of water.
- 6. Sprinkle another heaping tbsp of Heritage Fare Greens Seasoning on top of mixture.
- 7. Let boil on high for another 5 minutes or until green beans become tender (stirring continuously).
NOTE: As the water evaporates, add more water, 1 c. at a time and continue the boiling process. Water should never reach more than 1/2 inch above beans.
Green beans should be tender, not soggy.