Stir Fried Collard Greens Recipe
- 1 lb collard greens chopped or shredded
- 4 large cloves of garlic (diced or sliced)
- 1 tbs Heritage Fare Greens Seasoning
- 1/2 c. chopped onions
- 4 green onions stalks (chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 c. water
- 2 pads butter
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in frying pan.
- Stir fry garlic for 1 minute, then add onions and green onions. Sautee for 1 more minute.
- Add collard greens. You should hear a sizzle when adding greens.
- Sprinkle Heritage Fare Greens Seasoning on top.
- Let greens cook a few minutes then add 1/2 c. water.
- Cover and cook on medium for 10 minutes (adding water as needed).
- Be sure to stir mixture continually
- After 10 minutes, lower heat then continue to add remaining water as needed and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in butter.
NOTE: Tastes vary. Cook to your desired tenderness.
Total cook time – About 22 minutes
Yields – About 4 cups